What is Universal Design for Learning and why is it important?
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is an effective approach for addressing the learning needs of all students in the diverse classrooms of today. RHFSP has taken this proactive approach in our ready-made lessons that include instructional strategies and learning materials to support diverse learning needs.
By embracing the principles of the Universal Design for Learning RHFSP believes it is important to
- engage every student in a successful learning experience
- provide tools for building flexibility into the educational curriculum
- support improved access to information and to learning for all students
- remove barriers to learning
- provide supports where needed
- engage EVERY student in successful learning
Along with our toolkits, below are some resources that can help you plan and implement principals of UDL.
Below are some additional online public resources on Universal Design for Learning and Differentiated Instruction: