Ignite positive change in your organization
This self-directed 1-hour course takes a person-centred approach to creating welcoming spaces for people with disabilities. Discover the profound importance of ensuring that people of all abilities can live, work, learn, and play independently, safely – and with dignity.
Course Welcome from Rick Hansen
Through this course, you will:
- Grow your understanding of the scope of disability in the community.
- Understand the world around you in a whole new, accessible way.
- Gain confidence in communicating and interacting with people with disabilities.
- Recognize physical barriers and what they mean to people with disabilities.
- Be able to apply an Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) lens by including people with disabilities.
- Be equipped to discuss how to create welcoming and accessible spaces for all.
- Earn a micro-credential, at your own pace, in your own space.
This course is currently offered in partnership with the University of Alberta, Online and Continuing Education. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate from the Rick Hansen Foundation. This course is $99.00 + applicable taxes.