To be eligible for the Challenge,
- Be commercial property owners and/or managers with Canadian operations
- Register a minimum of three (3) sites on the RHFAC Registry by February 26, 2021
Participating buildings must:
- Have commercial use (office, retail and mixed-use)
- Be located in Canada
- Be eligible to be rated under the RHFAC Program (see Guide to Certification)
- Be registered specifically as part of the Building without Barriers Challenge (buildings that have received RHFAC ratings previously or through the Ontario Complimentary Ratings offer are not eligible)
- Have completed their rating by June 30, 2021.
What do I need to do participate?
- Show you are willing to take the Challenge – Take the pledge
- Register minimum of three (3) sites on the RHFAC Registry by February 26, 2021.
- Work with an RHFAC Professional to get your buildings rated by June 30, 2021.
See the RHFAC Guide to Certification for information on RHFAC ratings and the process.
What is the cost of participating in the Challenge?
Standard RHFAC rating costs apply. There are no additional cost for participating in the Building without Barriers Challenge.
The cost of an RHFAC rating consists of two fees per building:
- Registration Fee of $2,350 CAD, payable to CSA Group via the RHFAC Registry; and
- RHFAC Professional Rating Fee. Your RHFAC Professional Rating Fee will vary according to the size and complexity of your site. It will include the on-site visit as well as the submission of the rating to the RHFAC Registry for adjudication. Please speak to your RHFAC Professional directly for rates and an estimate of the number of hours required to rate your Site.
What are the Awards?
The following awards will have winners in two categories, <250,000 SF and > 250,000 SF gross leasable area.
- The Commitment Award goes to the organization with the highest number of RHFAC rated buildings.
- The Most Improved Award goes to a previously RHFAC rated building that has the greatest improvement of their rating score.
- The Innovation Award goes to the building with the highest number of innovation points on their RHFAC rating.
- The Accessible Builder Award goes to the organization with highest RHFAC pre-construction rating.
In order to be eligible for all the awards except for Commitment Award, your RHFAC rating score must be publicly listed on the RHFAC registry hosted by the CSA group.
What is the RHFAC program?
Learn more about our accessibility rating and certification program here.