1. Q: What does the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) do?
A: The Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a registered Canadian charity (registration # 10765 9427 RR 0001) that creates and delivers innovative solutions that lead to a global movement to remove barriers and liberate the potential of people with disabilities.
Today, the Foundation is leading the movement to remove physical barriers to accessibility and inclusion in Canada for people with disabilities. See our programs.
3. Q: Where does funding for the Rick Hansen Foundation come from?
A: RHF generates revenue from federal and provincial government grants, as well as donations from a wide range of individuals and organizations that support our mission and vision. The Foundation also earns income on endowments and investments.
Our Annual Reports are available on our website to ensure we provide the highest level of accountability and transparency to our donors and other stakeholders.
4. Q: What does the Rick Hansen Foundation fund?
A: Since inception, funds raised by RHF have been directed towards the search for a cure for spinal cord injury and quality of life initiatives, through the support of charitable programs and research grants. For more information about our programs, please see our most recent Annual Report.
5. Q: How does an organization apply for funding via the BC Accessibility Grants Program?
A: Any non-profit or for-profit commercial, institutional, or multi-unit residential site in BC that has completed an RHFAC rating can apply for funding to complete an accessibility improvement project through our BC Accessibility Grants Program. To receive funding:
- Non-profit organizations must be listed as qualified donees under Canadian Revenue Agency’s Charitable Rules and Regulations.
- For-profit businesses must provide matching funds.
6. Q: Does RHF provide individual funding for people with disabilities?
A: Unfortunately, the Foundation does not currently have a grants program for individuals with disabilities.
7. Q: How can I make a donation to RHF?
A: There are three ways you can donate:
- Online - You can make a secured single online or monthly donation. You can make a secured gift in honour or in memory.
- Mail - Please print off and fill out our monthly donation form then mail to:
Rick Hansen Foundation
300 – 3820 Cessna Drive
Richmond, BC V7B 0A2
- Phone - Please call our toll-free number 1-800-213-2131 ext. 1550 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm PST.
8. Q: How can I get a duplicate tax receipt for my donation?
9. Q: How can I help raise funds for RHF?
10. Q: Where can I find detailed financial information about RHF?
A: You can find detailed financial information in our most recent Annual Reports.
11. Q: How do I update my mailing preferences?
A: To update your contact information or to be removed from any of our email and/or mailing lists, please contact email@example.com with your request and include your name and email and/or mailing address.
12. Q: How does RHF respect my privacy?