Organizations that have been rated through the Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility CertificationTM (RHFAC) program can apply for funding of up to $20,000 to complete an accessibility improvement project (see sample projects).
An accessibility improvement project must:
- be made to a building or site that has received an RHFAC rating;
- result in tangible and permanent improvements for people with disabilities in the built environment;
- be used for improvements to existing buildings only (not for new construction);
- be completed within one year of funds approval; and
- receive matched funding (applies to for-profit applicants only).
The BC Accessibility Grants Program will be available in multiple rounds. Please see below for the full list of dates.
|Rounds||Application deadline||Application notification||Project and final report completed by|
|Round 1||May 31, 2018||August 31, 2018||August 31, 2019|
|Round 2||November 30, 2018||February 28, 2018||February 28, 2020|
|Round 3||May 31, 2019||August 21, 2019||February 28, 2020|
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support for this Program from the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Social Development & Poverty Reduction.